Friday, November 7, 2014

Perspective and Showers

This morning I took a shower. Wow, right?! No, really, it was amazing and very note worthy. I took this shower without worrying about someone hitting a dog, yelling at a sibling, banging on the bathroom door (or wall), or any screaming about something that was "unfair".

Why was this shower so different than many others? Well, my husband and I had to make a very hard decision. That was to put our 7 year old and 8 year old in public school. They started Wednesday. On Thursday they started riding the bus.

I did not realize until this morning's shower how tense I have been. I am a go get'er kind of person. I jump in and get'er done. Yep....my body has paid for it. Migraines, female issues, and digestive problems.

A new path with bumps along the way lay before me, but I see hope. I have freedom to be more of a mom to my all my kids. A calmer mommy, a mommy with people to carry some of the burden I have been carrying.

Our 7 and 8 year old has behavior issues that are really hard to handle and they require attention ALL the time. I can't turn my back or something WILL happen.

Yep, I am breathing much better and enjoying finally getting to catch up on some work around the house. Heck, who knows I might even get to Blog more!

1 comment:

  1. You made the right decision :) love you and looking forward to seeing you all in December!

    ReplyDelete